Welcome to Grand Central
A Station with a Platform ….. To Blog about All Things Real Estate
At Grand Gables Realty Group, Inc. we strive to be your resource for "All Things Real Estate". We may not have all the answers up front but hearing what you need to know can help us better understand the market and enable us to find ways to better serve our clients and customers.
We have been blessed with a loyal following of home buyers and sellers over the years; creating a strong referral network for us – considerate individuals who are always willing to extend a good word or story about their experiences with our company as a way of encouraging others to get to know us, engage in a productive dialogue and hopefully become part of our client family.
Priority One for us is and always has been to direct our knowledge, network, insights and efforts into serving the needs of the clients who hire us to help them to achieve their real estate goals through the buying or selling of property. It continues to be a fascinating journey for us whereby we've come to appreciate the depth that our experience with all of you has given us a unique perspective and insight into what matters most. One of the interesting results is learning the nature and variety of information and counsel that clients seek our input on beyond and long after they’ve bought or sold their property with us – truly showing to us that we are more than a brokerage firm, we are valued consultants in All Things Real Estate to them.
When time permits, we hope to share our experiences, stories, tips and a wide variety of information relevant to home ownership in ways to reach more people who could benefit from that perspective. With plans to bring more focus to our online social media outreach, we are excited to announce that going forward we hope to bring our ideas, information and suggestions from years of experience to bear as we develop this blog – a gateway resource center for All Things Real Estate.
We plan to share articles and commentary on a variety of topics we’ve heard from you over the years – such as:
- What’s Happening: Periodic updates on local and national market conditions
- The Grand Collection: Updates on our listings – new, pending, sold, price changes
- The Art of Home Staging and Presentation Consulting - Tips in preparing a property for market – timing, strategies, suggested common updates, understanding the practicality and value of renovations and our budget conscious design strategies to help you make your property shine among the competition.
- Buyer Classified – showcasing the housing needs of our buyers in search of properties – bringing us options to consider for properties not currently on the market which owners might consider selling.
- Sweet Success: stories combined with client testimonials to give you some insight in terms of what we’ve done for others and perhaps what we might be able to do for you.
- Market Sector Focus – advice geared towards specific sectors of the market – Millennials, empty nesting Baby Boomers, homeowners trading up, investors, second home buyers
- Technicalities – uncovering the basics of a transaction and explaining in simple terms the salient points we’ve heard from you that are helpful in developing a better understanding of
- what it means to be a property owner;
- tips on negotiating;
- the different types of relationships between real estate licensees and consumers;
- the importance of disclosures, due diligence and inspections;
- the basics of the mortgage financing markets,
- frequently used key terms;
- the role of the attorney;
- tips to help you evaluate a property to see if it’s right for you;
- and more.
- Now What? You’ve purchased your home and there are so many things to think about and do. How to create a “road map” to setting up, transforming and managing your new household to make it work for YOU!
- Express Yourself: Tips to help you with interior design makeovers, entertaining family and friends, gardening, favorite recipes.
- Around Town: Getting to know the local communities with fun facts and folklore, beautiful photography, things to do and see, etc.
As always, we’d like to hear from you if there’s a particular topic you’d like to learn about. Our agents, along with the input and articles from other selected local experts, will make up our panel of contributing authors to the blog. It may take a while for some articles to reach the Station so if there a sense of urgency, please don’t hesitate to pick up the phone and give us a call to discuss your question.
We hope you enjoy your frequent visits to Grand Central. We encourage you to sign up to receive our blog alerts as they come out. That way, you’ll know when a new arrival has reached the Station!
All the Best,
The Grand Gables Team!
About the Author: For more than twenty years, David S. Drinkwater has been setting a quality standard for how real estate should be marketed and sold in the coastal communities of the South Shore - the "Gold Coast" region between Boston and Cape Cod. Consistently one of the region’s Top Producing Realtors®, David has earned numerous sales and recognition awards over the years. In his local community of Scituate, David has dominated sales in all price ranges since the start of this Millennium - based on MLS transactions measured as of August 5, 2015, David has closed more sales (both units & dollar volume) than any other agent – in all price ranges. Combined, his dollar volume is 66 percent higher than that of the next closest agent. The October 2004 issue of Boston Magazine named David as the Top Power Broker South of Boston for dollar volume sold in 2003. For an expanded resume on David, click here.